Friday 1 June 2012

Dolphins

Philip woke me for my watch at 10 pm and I came on deck groggy from the warm cabin and interrupted sleep to meet a glorious moonlit night and cool breezes. Sitting in the lee aft edge of the cockpit coaming sipping my sweet milky black tea I suddenly heard a dolphin at close range surface exhale and dive. He was not alone; the pod of small dolphins frolicked about Carina for a half an hour or so, sparking bursts of phosphorescence as they surfaced. It was one of those perfectly peaceful sailing moments...

At 6/1/2012 and 01:00 UTC (GMT) our position was: 05°55.91'S / 172°22.42'E.
We were traveling 187T degrees true at 3.7 knots.





----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments